The Invisalign Treatment
There is no doubt the most common concern everyone has when getting braces is the aesthetic impact they have on their smile. It is difficult enough for kids but can prove to be quite discouraging for adults who have to go on with their professional lives with a set of unattractive metal braces that can last for years. Thankfully, dental technology has changed. There are always alternatives available, Invisalign is a teeth aligning system that offers the same result as braces without the burden of having metalwork attached to their smile. It is almost invisible and works wonders for people of all ages.
With a series of custom alignment trays the dentist changes every few weeks, the Invisalign treatment is one of the best alternatives to braces available today. The best thing about the Invisalign treatment is unlike braces, Invisalign trays can be completely removed for eating and cleaning the teeth.
Invisalign Treatment at Cary Dental Associates
At Cary Dental Associates, we offer Invisalign treatments in a calm and comfortable environment. We cater to residents in the Cary, IL, and Crystal Lake, IL, areas. Our staff is highly trained and is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure the interest and well-being of all our patients.
Issues Resolved by Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign corrects everything braces do. The only difference between the two is Invisalign trays are barely visible and can easily be removed when needed. All factors considered, for most patients, the Invisalign cost is usually quite affordable as well. The problems that are commonly corrected through this treatment are as follows:
- Overcrowding - When there isn't much space for teeth to align in your mouth, your teeth tend to force their way through, and as a result, overcrowding occurs. In such cases, the chances of tooth decay and gum diseases are greatly increased.
- Gaps between teeth - There are cases where the jaw tends to grow abnormally or when certain teeth are missing. This causes gaps between your teeth, which can have a huge impact on your smile and your overall appearance.
- Cross bite - This is a common problem that can occur when upper teeth are positioned in such a way they bite into the lower teeth. The ultimate consequence in this situation can be bone erosion and uneven tooth wear.
- Over bite - Temporomandibular joint disorders and jaw pain are direct consequences of over bites, where the upper teeth completely cover or project the lower ones.
- Under bite - This condition is the opposite of an over bite. In this case, the lower teeth project further or cover the upper teeth. The consequences are identical to over bites.
Advantages of Invisalign Treatment over Braces
There are three procedures that help protect the alignment of your teeth: traditional braces, porcelain veneers and finally, the Invisalign treatment. There can be several factors you and your dentist must discuss before you finalize the type of treatment that would suit best for your situation.
As discussed before, Invisalign treatment is unique because the trays are almost invisible and can be removed easily, unlike braces that stay on for a long period of time and can cause discomfort, both physically and aesthetically. However, the results from both treatments are nearly identical.
When compared to veneers, Invisalign treatment is more effective in aligning the teeth. Veneers are also permanently attached to your teeth and generally last less than 20 years. Furthermore, the Invisalign cost is far less than that of porcelain veneers.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Prior to creating the customized trays, your dentist will devise an initial plan that will include panoramic xrays of your jaw. Your dentist will then be able to analyze your jaw further in detail and will be able to tell what your jaw will look like in the future with and without treatment. Through this technology, your dentist will be able to predict the outcome of the Invisalign treatment. This process can also be used to create the aligners as you go through the treatment.
Important things to consider
Initially, it will take some time to get used to the Invisalign trays. You must keep the trays on at all times, except for when you're eating, drinking or cleaning your teeth. You must visit your dentist every couple of weeks to get the trays replaced as your teeth move positions. At every treatment appointment, you will see noticeable results.